FROM CLASSIC CARTOONS TO R-RATED ANIMATED FEATURES - TORONTO’S FIRST EVER ANIMATION FESTIVAL HAS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE
Toronto Animation Arts Festival International
TICKETS ON SALE JUNE 1st
TICKETS ON SALE JUNE 1st
Toronto, ON (May 30, 2012) – Tickets for the Toronto Animation Arts Festival International (TAAFI), celebrating the best of animation arts from around the world, go on sale June 1, 2012. Widely supported by the Toronto animation industry, the three-day festival features screenings of shorts and full-length features, plus intimate and exclusive workshops and master classes. The exciting new festival that showcases the local and international animation industry comes to the TIFF Bell Lightbox, July 6-8, 2012.
For complete programming information, go to: http://taafi.com/events/taafi2012/schedule/
Festival highlights include talks and lessons from trailblazing cartoonist John Kricfalusi, creator of The Ren and Stimpy Show, on July 7, at 9:00 a.m. Festival goers will also get the exciting opportunity to sit in on a live cartoon script read featuring Sean Cullen and Emilie-Claire Barlow.
Other highlights include a showcase and presentation from the world’s largest online archive of animation and visual effects, Stash Magazine, a special screening and workshop for kids at the National Film Board of Canada’s Mediatheque, plus more than 100 local and international short films.
TAAFI offers a collection of some of the finest work in animation, for audiences of all ages. With over 50 successful studios, 10 schools of animation arts and a passionate community of enthusiasts, independent artists and professionals, Toronto is the picture-perfect location to play host to what is sure to become one of North America’s leading animation festivals.
TICKET DETAILS: All advance tickets are available for purchase by phone or online through the TAAFI website starting June 1st: taafi.com
Festival Pass: $99
· Includes Admission to all gala and regular screenings and The Nelvana Bouncing Ball TAAFI Party
Screenings: $15 (Kids screening prices are $5 for children ages 3-13; free for children under 3)
Workshops: Range from $15-90
· Includes admission to Pitch Lab and Monkeyworks
The Nelvana Bouncing Ball TAAFI Party: $15 in advance/$20 at the door
Gala Screenings: $20
Other TAAFI highlights include:
· Shorts 1 – Straight Up Toons – Top notch animation and classic cartoons
· Shorts 2 – The Reflecting Pool – Artistic masterpieces set to an introspective frequency
· Shorts 3 – Stylin’ – Innovative ideas and original techniques
· Shorts 4 – Good N’ Weirdy – Pure, chaotic enjoyment
· Student Shorts – S’cool – A collection of Canadian and international student works
· North American Premier of Ronal the Barbarian in 3D (Denmark, 2011) – Produced by Einstein Film
· Rosto: So Far, So Evil – A program compiling the best of Dutch artist and filmmaker Rosto’s work
· Kaj Pindal: A collection of his most popular films, including “I Know An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly,” followed by a Q&A with the living legend
About the Toronto Animation Arts Festival International (TAAFI)
Set to become Canada’s premier animation festival, the Toronto Animation Arts Festival International (TAAFI) is launching in July 2012 at the TIFF Bell Lightbox to celebrate the many forms of animation, including long- and short-format film and television, gaming and interactive, and the industry that creates the animated arts.
For more information visit: taafi.com
Social media links:
RSS Feed: feed://taafi.com/blog/rss
Anne Vranic Jesse Lane
Holmes Creative Communications Holmes Creative Communications
416-628-5606 416-628-5603Pin It